Ego.

She hugs him tight under the covers and waits for him to come around. Little twitches of his fingers and his uniform breathing tells her it's not going to be anytime soon. So she waits. And waits. And couldn't wait any longer.

She gets up quickly and turned back, checking to see if her movements woke him up. No such luck. She steps off the bed and winces as her feet touches the cold floor. Where are my clothes? After much searching she finds her shirt underneath the bed and her sleeping shorts nowhere in sight. She settled for his boxers and decided it looks better on her. She gives him a little peck on the lips, opens the bedroom door and steps out.


*image fades*


The new high heels she just bought are killing her, but it's a small price to pay for looking as nice as she is tonight. It's a special day for a special someone, and she has to look good for him. There will be many important people tonight. Looking her best is a must. She wouldn't want to let him down.

"You look wonderful. Keep smiling. I think we've got them fooled". He puts his hand on the small of her back and it travels down. She gasps in delight as he squeezes, just right. It was enough to give her goosebumps, and at just the right time. They were looking. And they were convinced. Tonight, she belongs to him. And the pieces fall where they were planned to. Perfectly. The night was a success.

They step into his car and he leans over to kiss her. She looks at him, and something in her face made him stop.
"What?" he asks.
"This is all a lie. Let's keep it that way."
"Why can't we make it true?"
"You know why."
"Is there someone else?"
"No. There is no someone else. Because you're not a someone. Not to me."
"Then pretend. Just the way you did tonight, and all the other nights. Pretend you're mine, and I'll be content."
"You won't be. You know better."

He didn't change his expression, but certain muscles in his face set in a way that made her feel uncomfortable. As if he has made up his mind. He finally asks, ".... Who is he?"
"Like I said. No one. Can we please keep this professional? You hired me to be yours until they become absolutely convinced, and now they are. Can we stop this now? You're making me feel very uncomfortable."

He leans back in his seat and starts the car. The drive home was tense, neither of them wanting to break the silence. Thirty minutes later he pulls into her driveway and parks the car. As she opens the door and is about to step out, he grabs her wrist a little harder than he should.
"I will find him. And I swear to God I will kill him."
She pulls her arm away from his and his nails dig into her skin, drawing blood. She jumps out of the car and looks at him in defiance.
"Fuck you!" and slams the door. Behind the wheel he grins broadly. He knows she'll see him again. She can't stop.


*image fades*


The bathroom was steaming when he walked in. She had been in there for a while, apparently washing her hair. He loves the smell of her shampoo. Strangely enough, it reminds him of lazy afternoons at the beach. He opens the shower door and steps inside. She had her back towards him and was furiously trying to get all the conditioner out of her hair. He chuckled and she turned around, surprised.
"I didn't hear you come in."
"Good morning. You need help with that?"
She smiles widely, and he fell in love with her all over again.
"You noticed? It's a bit of a struggle but I'm getting there."

He reaches up to her hair when he noticed the cuts on her wrist. He grabs her arm and gingerly runs his fingers on the three red lines. She winces and pulls it back.
"Where'd you get that?"
"I don't remember. I think I did it to myself by accident."
"Bad liar."
"It's nothing. I really don't remember."
She smiles again, just a little too wide for him. She reaches around him and gives him a big hug. He gently pushes her away.
"Tell me."
"I. Don't. Remember. Okay? I really don't."

He gives up, and nudges her chin with his hand.
"Okay.... I love you."
"I love you too."
They kiss under the shower, and he drinks her whole being into him, noticing every curve, every touch, every sigh as she moves against him. He forgets everything when she is with him. Everything.


*image fades*


"So are they both buying it?"
"Yep."
"What idiots."
"Yep."
"When are you gonna tell them what's really going on?"
"Try never. One wants to kill the other, apparently, but they'll never meet. The other one will never find me. He doesn't even know where I live. He thinks I live with him."
"Hahaha... Seriously. When are you gonna stop?"
"I don't know. I'm enjoying this too much. It's ridiculous how they continue to fool themselves. They actually think I'm in love with them."
"And we both know that you're only in love with me."
"Yes, dear. Of course. Only you. They're just toys."

*phone rings*
"Hey, babe. How's things? Good? You finished work? Okay that's great. I'll be coming home soon. Yeah, just got some things to finish up at the office and I'm home free. Uh-huh. Yup. Milk.. bread.. yup.. okay. I love you too honey. I'll see you very soon. Uh-huh. Love you. Okay. Bye now."

He hangs up the phone and buries his face in her bare stomach. His hands slip between her legs and she moans in excitement. Between the strokes of his fingers she manages to whisper, "Was that your wife?"
"Yep. She has no idea."
He stops what he is doing and looks into her eyes. She seems a little disappointed.
"Don't stop. It feels good."
"Hehe.. I know. But I need to tell you something."
"What?"
"I'm going to leave her. Very soon."
"Oh yeah? Why?"
"I'm leaving her for you. I'm insanely in love with you."
"I love you too"
"I'm leaving her, and I'm gonna marry you. I'm gonna find us a house in another state and we're gonna move, and finally I'll get to really keep you. All for myself. You won't have to play around with all those idiots anymore."
"Really? You promise?"
"I promise."

His lips meet hers and he slips his fingers inside her. His kisses silence her moans and they make love. Hours pass, unnoticed.


*image fades*


She sits at her backyard, a book in one hand and a cigarette in another, a cup of coffee steaming on the table beside her. She marks her place in the book and places it on the chair between her legs. She takes a deep drag on her Chesterfields and waits a moment before releasing it, the smoke like mist escaping from her lips. She closes her eyes and smiles to the sky, the wind, the world. She smiles to herself, her heart. It is only with herself that she can find peace. It is the only place where she can truly love. No one else. She sighs and picks up her cup. She takes in the wonderful aroma as it nears her lips, and another smile lights up her eyes.
Mm.. idiots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams.

Uncertain

Ujan ayam, cu...